We help a broad spectrum of life science companies to mitigate threats and create opportunities across a wide range of risk and human capital issues.
Life science businesses operate in highly regulated and fast developing environments and across geographies.
WTW has the knowledge and dedicated resources to help life science companies navigate this complex risk landscape.
We understand the challenges faced by the industry and have the experience and expertise to enable you to make the best decisions and implement the right solutions to manage your risk and people.
Our investment in technical expertise benefits our clients every day.
Our teams comprise a cross-section of professional backgrounds and credentials, including professionals with backgrounds as scientists, attorneys, risk managers, brokers, underwriters, risk engineers and claims specialists.
Our global footprint and multinational knowledge allows us to anticipate trends and regulations around the world and afford easy access to relevant information about any location in which our clients do business.
There is no substitute for responsiveness, innovation, broking excellence and program delivery.
We specialize in services for:
- Pharmaceutical and biotech
- Therapeutic research and development
- Generic/specialty drug manufacturers
- Medical device/digital health companies
- Contract research organizations (CRO)
- Contract manufacturing organizations (CMO)
- Diagnostic laboratories
- Nutraceutical and over-the-counter (OTC)
We have a globally integrated practice with industry specialists in all aspects of client service including:
- Property and casualty
- Clinical trials
- Claims advocacy
- Management liability
- Risk and loss control
- Analytical tools
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) due diligence
We have access to global regulatory and compliance information via our online database to ensure you are up-to-date on the latest developments impacting your life sciences business. This information is provided by country and includes:
- Non-admitted status
- In-country regulations
- Insurance limits
- Professional liability requirements
- Certiﬁcate protocols
- Speciﬁc information requirements for each country
How we serve our clients
We provide a service with traditional values, advice and relationships you can trust.
- Before we place any insurance, we work with you to identify and quantify your risks to ensure the most efficient protection for your balance sheet.
- We provide you with the confidence that your insurance programs are created to fit your specific needs. For all our clients, we challenge the status quo and create programs that will evolve as they do. Due to a fast-paced and constantly evolving risk environment, we help you to anticipate risks and plan mitigation strategies for the next development. We guard the present with an eye on the future.
- We offer you a single point of access, aligning specialist teams across every line of coverage. Using a proprietary client portal ensures real-time access to risk information facilitating efficient and proactive decision-making.
- The majority of our life science clients do not have a risk manager. This reality has prompted us to build a service model for every client designed to optimise resources whilst improving outcomes.
What makes us different
- We provide our clients with regular in-depth trends and insights on emerging risks impacting the life sciences industry and insurance marketplace to help them implement the right solutions for their organization.
- Our advanced loss modelling capabilities. Connected Risk Intelligence is an innovative development in risk consulting which visualises risk in a single language and framework to empower organizations to make better risk finance decisions.
- At WTW, we spend the time evaluating and analysing your risk exposures in order to help minimize the total cost of risk. As well as supporting you achieve your organization’s goals.
- We provide direction and consultation on risk mitigation strategies and improvement opportunities to help enhance your organization’s performance. We offer a range of solutions to address your people, risk and capital issues.
- Our service team offers access to specialists who are life science experts in areas in different lines of business including: directors and officers liability, cyber, product liability, supply chain, cargo, assets and risk engineering.
|D&O for publicly traded life sciences companies 2020 – COVID-19 Update
|PREP Act – COVID-19
Willis Towers Watson offers insurance-related services through its appropriately licensed and authorised companies in each country in which Willis Towers Watson operates. For further authorisation and regulatory details about our Willis Towers Watson legal entities, operating in your country, please refer to our Willis Towers Watson website. It is a regulatory requirement for us to consider our local licensing requirements.