Our health, safety and environment team can provide guidance and support in working towards improving risk control and compliance within your business. In addition, as organisations look at setting a world class performance in their sector we can assist and support the development and attainment of recognised management standards across a number of different industries.
Our health, safety and environment team includes certified lead auditors who can help you to achieve internationally recognised standards such as ISO 45001 and ISO 14001.
As a result of the pandemic, our health and safety team have developed the following services to help businesses reduce the risks resulting from COVID-19 to a level considered to be tolerable. These are centred around:
- Reopening unoccupied premises.
- Management systems review.
- Risk assessment review.
- Home working.
Our training courses focus on identified areas for improvement and provide solutions to issues that could prevent your organisation from achieving its objectives. Tailored courses include:
- Root cause analysis techniques and accident investigation.
- Asbestos management.
- Risk and safety leadership.
- Fire Safety.
- Manual handling.
- Risk assessment; general risk assessors training.
- PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations) assessments.
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) assessments.
- Environmental management systems.
IOSH are globally recognised health and safety training providers and the WTW health and safety team are licensed to deliver IOSH Managing Safely and IOSH Working Safely. Both courses can be delivered face-to face or remotely anywhere in the UK.
- IOSH Managing Safely is a globally recognised 4-day health and safety training course for managers whose day job isn’t primarily health and safety, or those persons on their first steps towards becoming a health and safety professional.
- IOSH Working Safely is a 1-day training course for workers that equips them with the knowledge and understanding required to work safely and avoid injury or ill-health.
Our health, safety and environment team offer a comprehensive range of fire safety services including fire safety auditing, bespoke training and preparation of emergency plans. Our health, safety and environment team have extensive experience associated with building products, sprinkler systems, fire risk control and explosion prevention measures. Our fire safety offering provides comprehensive auditing of fire prevention measures that protect life and business assets. Our team can also provide expert advice across a variety of issues regarding fire safety compliance requirements.
Our audits are structured around your business’s needs to enable information to be collected relating to the efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability of the total health and safety management system. Our health, safety and environment team can develop bespoke audit solutions or adapt your existing audit systems. Our health, safety and environment auditing will assist your business in developing or improving your health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments so that they not only achieve legal compliance but also best practice.
Our risk managers can provide a tailored and comprehensive environmental support package to help your business meet their environmental obligations and reduce risk within their business.
We help you to stay within the law, working to assist you with practical environmental management systems that demonstrate both legal compliance and industry best practice. Our Environmental Risk Managers are IEMA (The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) certified and have experience in a wide range of industries and importantly are able to practically apply their knowledge, taking the complication out of the potential minefield of legislation and guidance.
Our services include:
- Bespoke environmental compliance checks.
- Environmental compliance audits.
- Provision of environmental legal and risk registers.
- Establishment of ISO 14001 management systems.
- Environmental training courses.
Our risk managers understand that an organisation’s culture is a reliable indicator of safety performance. Their safety culture can be influenced by employees’ beliefs and attitudes about safety and observed through behaviour and performance.
As a leader in safety culture practice our risk management services can measure and benchmark your safety culture to improve performance. WTW can help you with understanding business safety culture through:
- Use of culture benchmarking and measurement that is informed by the latest best practices.
- Use of data analytics to provide insights and clear priorities for action.
Many organisations are looking to apply behavioural techniques in addition to the technical and procedural aspects of safety.
Our risk managers can assist you in the establishment of bespoke behavioural safety programmes. Our programme include the analysis and identification of safety culture benchmarks concerning employee perceptions, behaviour and their impact upon business activities.
Using this data and insight we provide a clear roadmap using a range of tailored activities which include training, behavioural incentive programmes and engagement of employees in the organisation’s safety improvement focus.
|Health and safety guide: Hybrid working