Whether an organization is global or domestic, large or small, a formal job architecture and systematic job leveling approach can serve as the foundation for consistent and integrated talent and reward programs in an evolving workplace. While structurally connecting employees to reward and career frameworks, this also represents an organization’s commitment to providing pathways that will unlock potential, opportunity and performance.
A job architecture provides the basic organizing construct for aligning jobs within an organization based on the types of work performed (functions, families, disciplines, job titles, job codes). Once the functions and families are in place, the job leveling process is used to determine the relative value of jobs in your organization and serves as an input to comparing jobs in the external market, developing a consistent titling construct and refining job codes as needed.
Regardless of the current job architecture and job leveling landscape in your organization, WTW can review, update and integrate existing solutions into an optimized approach or develop a new solution from the ground up. Our approach helps organizations to:
- Align jobs located in multiple regions or across different lines of business.
- Create an integrated framework for the organization and employees after a merger, acquisition or other structural change.
- Provide a basis for carrying out fair pay analysis e.g. gender pay equity.
- Drive consistency, competitiveness and efficiency among HR policies and practices
- Clarify distinctions among levels to support career development.
Job leveling helps organizations address business needs ranging from attraction, engagement and retention of key talent, to cost and risk management, to governance of Total Rewards program delivery. Determine the relative contribution of jobs within your organization and set the foundation for effective talent and reward management. The key benefits of job leveling for your organization include a:
- Reward and career framework that aligns with business needs, strategy, culture and Talent Value Proposition
- Consistency across HR with a common terminology as the core for rewards, performance expectations and other people programs.
- A foundation to support linkages to organizational and job-specific competencies and skills.
- Levels jobs and work to establish the foundation for consistent benchmarking of jobs to external market data.
- Cost-efficient approach to talent management and reward program design and delivery
- A mechanism to help ensure pay equity and transparency
- Develop a framework that supports integration following a merger, acquisition or other structural change.
WTW offers a range of job leveling approaches, from established methodologies to custom solutions. Our Global Grading System (GGS) and Career Map job leveling tools are not only more flexible than traditional methods, but are also easier to understand, implement and manage. And they can be implemented individually or in tandem.
Custom and integrated solutions
There is no single job leveling or job architecture solution that will suit all organizations. We blend and shape elements of existing programs with the latest thinking, our established methodologies and leading-edge, user-friendly software to deliver job leveling and job architecture solutions that meet your specific needs. Our solutions work seamlessly to provide the essential framework you need for analyzing, planning and managing your reward and career programs. Such solutions will ensure a sound foundation to align and boost the efficiencies of all employee-centric activities.
Irrespective of whatever job leveling and job architecture solution you choose, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you are backed by WTW experts in rewards, talent, HR software, communications and change management. Moreover, our job leveling and job architecture solutions align to the largest source of compensation data in the world, helping power your decision-making based on facts rather than extrapolation.
|Job levelling solutions