WTW has deep expertise in the agriculture sector and is recognised as a leading global risk advisor and broker of weather risk management solutions.
Our agriculture and weather expertise sits within a global team and includes colleagues in London, New York, Paris, Hong Kong, Sydney, Brisbane and Auckland. The team has been instrumental in structuring and placing many innovative and award-winning programs and has been awarded best European broker for weather risk management for the past three years. Solutions that we have placed on behalf of clients address the adverse impacts of temperature (freeze/heat), rainfall (drought/excessive rain), tropical cyclone, hail and bushfire.
Our global practice group assists in:
- Protecting physical crops
- Facilitating access to, or reducing the cost of, credit and finance
- Protecting revenue shortfall resulting from reduced agricultural production
- Providing weather-related product enhancement opportunities, to increase sales
- Providing a fixed cost of commodities in the event of a loss
- Advising and assisting our clients with product development.
We achieve this by combining expertise across our insurance and reinsurance teams in the agriculture and weather-index markets, to design bespoke solutions for you.
Our global team places business in all the key insurance, reinsurance and capital markets giving us excellent market leverage and insights into the very latest offerings.