Most M&A scenarios will typically lead to a review of total rewards programs, whether this involves understanding and harmonizing differences in practice across previously separate organizations, or developing new programs that align to and drive the achievement of performance outcomes for the new organization reflecting deal goals and new business priorities.
An effective total rewards strategy will help ensure you attract, engage and retain the key talent you need to make your deal a long-term success.
How we can help you gain advantage
At WTW, our reward consultants are market leaders.
We have deep and diverse subject matter and industry expertise, and significant experience supporting organizations through transactions. Our tried and tested methodologies cover:
- Core infrastructure: job levels and architecture, base pay
- Performance-based rewards: executive, all-employee and sales incentives, recognition plans
- Career and environmental rewards: career and talent management, flexible working
We are ideally positioned to offer consulting advice, data and technology – all with a view to driving a superior employee experience, and the performance and value required of the new business.
Our experts can help you assess and compare rewards in the existing businesses, and design a total rewards framework for the new business to align with your strategic direction and goals. We can help you:
- Engage and retain talent from both businesses
- Identify the rewards and incentives that encourage productivity and create employee engagement – and those that don’t
- Benchmark against relevant competition
- Provide the insights you need to make informed decisions on reward structures
- Make sure that comparable talent and roles are treated equally
- Optimize your total rewards to maximize return on investment
We will carry out a detailed comparison of total rewards programs in both organizations, across different business units and territories to help you make better decisions about what to take forward in the new business. We can compare:
- Executive pay levels and other compensation
- Job level frameworks and architecture
- All-employee base pay levels and compensation programs
- Sales compensation programs
- Benefit programs and recognition plans
- Talent and career management programs
- Career and environmental rewards and perks
We will use our proprietary global databases, leading-edge tools and consulting experience to help you:
- Benchmark total rewards against the competition (however defined)
- Check that existing and new programs comply with local regulations
- Decide which areas of total rewards to prioritize in the integrated business
Design and planning
We will help you review your existing reward strategy and develop a new strategy with design principles that will underpin decision making around how to harmonize across legacy programs. We can also support you through the detailed design of new talent and reward programs that align to the objectives of the combined organization.
Total rewards optimization
We will use our proprietary global databases, leading-edge tools and consulting experience to help you optimize your return on investment. We can help you:
- Measure the impact specific rewards have on employee behavior
- Find out which rewards and benefits employees value most and why
- Calculate return on investment based on the cost of rewards and the value produced
- Develop communications to help employees understand and use incentives effectively