WTW helps clients assess and understand the current state of employee wellbeing at their organizations, benchmark against industry peers and best-practice companies, and evaluate wellbeing’s influence on business outcomes and performance.
We believe the ideal state of employee wellbeing is achieved when employees are physically thriving, emotionally balanced, financially secure and socially connected. These are the four key dimensions of our wellbeing approach. Our Wellbeing Diagnostic scorecard places the employee at the center and is truly integrated across all four dimensions.
How does the Wellbeing Diagnostic work?
The Wellbeing Diagnostic combines high-level wellbeing data points across the 4 pillars with a current state benchmark of best practice programs and policies offered. By combining the current state benchmark against an integrated wellbeing score of metrics we can quickly draw high level insights to identify areas of focus for a wellbeing strategy and program. For example, do we have a program offering gap or do we seemingly offer the right programs but are not seeing the expected outcomes and therefore need to evaluate the delivery of such programs whether that is through leadership involvement, physical environment, communications, general awareness, etc.? This combines our best-in-class research via the Healthcare Best Practices Survey and specific client data to draw insights and inform a focused strategy.
The Current State Benchmark uses a range of statistical analyses and expert review based on 40 best practices the yields a weighted score across five major categories:
- Physical wellbeing
- Emotional wellbeing
- Financial wellbeing
- Social wellbeing
- Integrated implementation
Your Current State benchmark represents the percentile – where your company is positioned – compared to the wellbeing practices of industry peers and best-practice companies. This score helps you identify strengths and weaknesses, including any gaps in programs, as well as design or delivery issues, in your wellbeing initiatives.
Wellbeing Programs and Practices evaluated as part of current state benchmarking
- Integrated health and safety
- Ergonomics assistance
- Onsite/near-site services
- Personalized tools
- Physical environment
- Treatment decision-support
- Navigation support services
- Targeted clinical conditions
- Measure using HR data
- Use metrics at pivotal moments
- One-on-one counseling
- Personalized decision-support
- Support borrowing, spending decisions
- Monitor group rates for borrowing
- Subsidize student loan refinancing
- Promote family financial decisions
- Strategy/action plan
- Psychological safety
- Measure stress
- Redesign EAP
- Programs to support chronic issues
- Resilience training
- Manager training
- Parental leave
- Link to corporate social responsibility
- Incorporate I&D into benefit designs
- Support volunteerism
- Support compassionate donations
- Use social recognition
- Sponsor affinity groups
- Local wellbeing champions
- Key influencers to drive messages
Our data supports the business case for achieving wellbeing, and our wellbeing score provides a meaningful measure for organizations to understand the programs that they offer compared to the market.”Regina Ihrke | North America Wellbeing Co-Leader, WTW
Our comprehensive approach to integrated wellbeing includes:
- Assessment: We start by gathering information to understand your organization’s current state, both in terms of measurable outcomes and programs, for each of the four dimensions of wellbeing – physical, emotional, financial and social – and in how you integrate and implement initiatives across these dimensions.
- Analysis: Based on thorough analysis, we develop your Integrated Wellbeing Score and Current State Benchmark based on your population data and program inventory benchmarked against best practices.
- Results: You’ll receive results, insights and key findings to inform and shape your wellbeing strategy going forward, including a measurement strategy to highlight how your wellbeing initiatives link to human capital and financial outcomes.
Contact us if you’d like to get started with a Wellbeing Diagnostic to better understand, improve and measure employee wellbeing at your company.